Monday, January 18, 2016

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day Eighteen: A picture of your favorite lolita style

Hey everybody~

Keiko here~

Today is day 18 of the 30 days lolita challenge and the prompt for today covers my favorite lolita style.
I love sweet lolita to pieces because I love food prints, but I don't feel comfortable being a pastel rainbow-- at least within lolita. Therefore, I tend to oscillate a between styles while keeping my sweeter roots. I wear sweet prints in traditionally classical color combos and dress in a sweeter gothic.

If you recall the 10 people who inspire you prompt, I am greatly influenced stylistically by Milkyfawn and Starrylightbox, who are generally sweeter with tinges of classic, Parfait Doll and Lace a La Mode, which are a mix of classic and sweet, and Marie Dauphine and Miss Lillith, who dress more gothic. As a result, I guess you could say that I fall in the more toned-down sweet categories, with darker or muted colors. My wardrobe is composed of about 50% black prints, 25% brown prints, 24% ivory, 1% other colors. Hopefully I'll have a wardrobe post ready in time to illustrate that graphically ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I'd say I take inspiration particularly from a this Milkyfawn coordinate you can find on her blog:

This and her Petite Patisserie coordinates seem casual and comfortable, yet sweet at the same time. I have owned both dresses in different cuts and colors and can attest to their versatility and comfiness levels, so I shoot for them as a standard so I can dress in lolita while going about my daily life as well.

What do you dress like? Is there a lolita whose coordinate abilities you look up to? Or is your style purely your own? Let me know in the comments below~

Hasta la vista~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment