Thursday, September 15, 2016

Lolita Art - Featuring Storm Neverland (Pretty Pictures~!)

Hey hey everyone!
It's Keiko here, and today I want to introduce you all to another lolita artist: Storm Neverland!
Still taking stories for comic strips!
Storm Neverland is an Italian artist based in London. I first ran into their art in instagram, where they were looking for Lolita stories to illustrate. The comic strips that came as a result are excellent, from their beautiful, vibrant colors to their delicate attention to print detail. My favorite part, however, is their light-hearted depiction of the day-to-day realities of dressing in the fashion--directly from the mouth of lolitas themselves. If you would like to see the strips, you can find them in Storm Neverland's facebook and Tapastic pages.

I submitted a story to her early on and was featured in a comic myself!

I decided to feature Storm Neverland's art because, not only do I love it, but I think it provides a great visual representation of lolita life for those who do not participate in the hobby. Aside from the comics, there are other illustrations that show the more relaxed, realistic side of wearing the fashion...

as well as just generally keeping it real.

There are gothic and classic versions of this! As well as pins!
All in all, I can easily say that I look forward to reading the strips as they come out and to see more of Storm's work in the future. If you are interested in their style or a little something for yourself, Storm is open for commissions right now! Feel free to reach out through their official facebook page.
Do you have a fun lolita story to share? Feel free to share it in the comments below, or even shoot Storm a message!

As always, thanks for reading and see you soon~
Keiko out~

No comments:

Post a Comment