Saturday, February 25, 2017

52 Weeks of Lolita - Why don't I wear Lolita more often?

Hey everybody~

It's Keiko here!

I'm sorry that I'm late with this blogpost. I just got a new job and it's eating up all of my time orz. But enough of that, let's get to the meat of the post! Today's topic is:

Why don't you wear lolita more often?

The answer here varies a bit. To start with, I don't really have occasion to wear the fashion often. Meetups in my comm are spaced out and I cannot always go to all of  them, so I miss some opportunities to dress up once in a while.

Secondly, I've gained some weight after my wedding rather than losing it as I was trying to do. 
This unfortunately means that my bust measurement increased enough that I don't fit in a good number of my pieces. Oddly enough everywhere else fits fine :/... With this limitation has come a loss of confidence.

Real talk (depression trigger warning): I struggle with body image and suffer from depression and generalized anxiety so it's already a fight to convince myself of something positive. When I add this to the fact that something that used to bring me so much joy might no longer be for me no matter how much I try to lose weight, I can't help but feel discouraged.
I've thought of abandoning lolita altogether because sometimes I feel I can't do it justice at all and my dresses deserve a better owner. This train of thought has prevented me from wearing the fashion more than once and is currently my biggest obstacle to wearing it and documenting it. (Trigger warning over)
--
I'm sure there are other lolitas who feel discouraged or uninspired once in a while. What kinds of things usually stump your lolita life? How do you deal with them? Do you have strategies to get a second wind?

No comments:

Post a Comment