Saturday, February 4, 2017

52 Weeks of Lolita - My wardrobe Turnover

Hey there, everyone!
This is Keiko hoping you are doing well.

This week's topic is wardrobe turnover -the rate at which things come into my wardrobe and then leave it.
I used to have a moderate wardrobe turnover when I first started out in lolita. I was trying to find myself and my style. I thought I wanted to be a 'bittersweet', creepy cute lolita at first, so I bought several prints in black colorways. I also wanted to do OTT sweet, so I looked for accessories in bulk to be able to pull it off before I realized it wasn't really my cup of tea. I would often impulse buy as well, to then decide I didn't like something and sell it later on.
Milky Planet was one of several black x pastel prints I wanted
Now that I've settled down into a style I like and I have acquired most of the dresses on my wishlist, I don't really sell much. About a year ago I started buying items for keeps when I was sure I wanted them and they went well with other things in my wardrobe. Additionally, since the lolita market has dramatically slowed down, I don't feel as safe buying to sell since I would make a net loss and it would take a long time to sell. I'm not a big risk taker, so I prefer not to dabble too much into quick turnovers if I can help it. I don't have specialty or themed  events I attend that need special outfits anyway, so I have little incentive to buy, wear, and immediately sell.
I'm pretty happy with my wardrobe as is, honestly
--
Do you have a high wardrobe turnover? Or do you tend to buy for keeps? Feel free to share your experience in the comments below~

Keiko out~~!

No comments:

Post a Comment