Friday, January 8, 2016

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day Eight: 10 Songs that Inspire You for Lolita

Keiko here~

How is everyone doing today?
It is now day eight of the 30 Day Lolita challenge, and today's prompt is quite musically inclined: I get to pick 10 songs that I play when I want to get my Lolita groove on. I will cheat a little bit and will instead categorize them according to the source. Please feel free to click on the links to hear the songs I'm referring to --after all, there's no point if you can't really listen to them as well! Without further ado, here they come~

10 songs that inspire you for lolita

  1. Coltemonikha - Yum, Yum, Yummy, Arikui Waltz Sleeping Girl, Fantastic Fantasy, Party Carronade, Preparation, Namaiki, Sora Tobu Hikari 
    Coltemonikha has a cutesy aesthetic and sound
  2. Steven Universe Soundtrack - Dad Museum, Rose's Room, The Heaven Beetle (Reprise) and The Heaven Beetle, the hill and Rose's Fountain, Lion's Theme, Lion's Ocean, Pearl's Theme, Steven's Shield, Strawberry Battlefield/The Sleeping Pyramid, UUU Fanfare (part 1)/ Let's Build a Spaceship! (part 2)
  3. Vocaloid - Dark Wood Circus, Wide Knowledge of the Madness of the Late, Rotten Girl, Grotesque Romance (Stalker), Tailor Shop on Enbizaka
  4. Vampire Knight Soundtrack - Specially pieces like this, thisthis, and this
  5. Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Soundtrack - I used to play this dating sim series a lot when I was younger, so the music is kind of a good background music for me to do pretty much anything lol. It's just so chill! Check some of it out here, here, and here 
  6. Rozen Maiden opening, endings, and soundtrack - Kinjirareta Asobi, Baragoku Otome, and Utsusemi no Kage specifically, as well as things like Suigintou's Theme,  
  7. Remle Rose no Majou Soundtrack - I just love all of this. All of it. On repeat. 
    Artwork for Remle Rose no Majou
  8. MC Melody Doll - The nearly obligatory Just Throw it in the Bag and Buy Mo' Brand
  9. Perfume - Polyrhythm, laser beam, Spring of Life, Glitter, Fake It, Spending All My Time, Spice, 1mm, Natural Ni Koishite, Voice, Electro World, Computer City, Linear Motor Girl
  10. Kyary - Mondai Girl, Fashion Monster, Candy Candy, Sungoi Aura, Kira Kira Killer, Do Do Pi Do (originally a Capsule song), among others.
Music is a huge mood-setter for me, so I try to play something that will keep me upbeat and working quickly as I get ready. When I get dressed, you could say the room becomes quite cheery-- unless I'm putting together a gothic coordinate, at least. Then I play things more a la Rammstein, Nox Arcana, and the like.
What about you? What role does music play in your lolita life? Does it match up with what you regularly listen to?

Keiko out~!

No comments:

Post a Comment