Tuesday, January 12, 2016

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day Twelve?: A picture of your dream item

Keiko here~

Today is day 12 and we will be using prompt 14: A picture of your dream item. This one was hard as well because I am pretty content with my closet and there isn't really an item that I would kill for at the moment. Thankfully, I managed to get my hands on my dreamdresses fairly early on, so I only have wishlist items left. I have never really been super attached to specific accessories and  the like, so it was hard to pick from there, too. As a result, I went with an item that I have been considering adding to my wardrobe for a while in order to create a more over the top coordinate:

A Creative Scepter

Hello Batty's amazing Halloween scepter this year
In 2015 we saw a lot of these puppies floating around, especially after La Vie En Rose and Anime Matsuri. My favorite ones had crystal tears, stars, and plenty of tulle. They are a testament of the creativity of the lolitas that dreamed them up and the craftsmanship of the people who put them together. They also give a very magical-girl-esque touch to coordinates, which I really love.

While I am not very good at crafts and have been deterred from commissioning one because of possible costs, I am looking forward to getting or making a scepter sometime in 2016. I have been thinking of getting a giant spoon or fork, but I wouldn't discount something a bit more regal as well. We'll see what I can come up with ^^

What do you think about scepters? Are they cumbersome or neat accessories for conventions? Both? Neither? Let me know below, and feel free to add in what you your dream item would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment