Saturday, January 2, 2016

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day Two: 10 things you love in lolita

Keiko Here~

I hope you are all doing alright and that day two of your new year is treating you well. Today we will be looking at the second prompt for the 30 Day Lolita Challenge: 

10 Things you love in lolita!

Here goes!
  1. Berets – I had never felt really attracted to berets before lolita. But now I try to find an excuse to wear them all the time!
  2. High-waisted cuts – I don’t know why I love them so much, but I usually prefer them to other cuts—to the point which they dominate my wardrobe.
  3. Bags shaped like foods – I really like interesting bags now that I’ve entered lolita. I didn’t even blink at them before but now I’m always wondering how I can buy a distinctive bag that will fit into most of my coordinates easily.
  4. The thrill of the chase – I love checking on auctions, bidding, and constantly browsing for pieces I’m looking for. I'm always on the hunt for bargains!
  5. Body positivity – Wearing this fashion has helped me a lot in my self-perception. I can be hella cute and lolita has proven that to me.
  6. Non-sexual showcasing – Because of my stereotypically female silhouette (I’m hourglass shaped), people often sexualize me and catcall me when I’m out and about. This pisses me off to no end. I feel like they just take in whatever part of my body they want without taking into account that I’m a person. At least in lolita when people harass me it’s because they haven’t seen it before, not because they are staring at me in appropriating ways.
  7. Lolita friends – I wouldn’t be able to keep going in this fashion with as much joy as I do without my lolita and lolita-admiring friends. They put up with me and my crazy purchases and obsessions with prints. It’s really fun to have conversations with people who know about the fashion, even if just a little. I look forward to meeting more lolitas soon~
  8. Regality and maturity – I find it funny that, despite being a sweet lolita, which is usually associated with childishness, I feel like I’ve grown a lot as a person through lolita and the sweet style. I have learned a lot about myself, my spending patterns, my budgeting and social skills, my fashion sense, and my analyzing habits. I look at lolita from anthropological lenses sometimes, since that is part of what I study, and I feel like I’ve discovered some things about myself through my value system in relation to lolita that I was surprised to find out. Plus the style makes you look like a princess. You can’t compete with that!
  9. Lolidays – I really love going out with friends dressed up. It’s a lot of fun even if people can be really nosy and intrusive in our small town. I look forward to meeting more lolitas to hang out with!
  10. Looking at other people’s coordinates – this got me into the fashion from the get-go. I love seeing how different the same print and colorway can look when lolitas from other places coordinate them. I am totally in love with the creativity of the people in this fashion and the amazing outfits they can put together.
Are there any specific things that make you love lolita? Why did you decide to follow this style? Feel free to leave a comment below~

Keiko out~!

No comments:

Post a Comment