Saturday, January 9, 2016

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day Nine: 10 things you will never do in lolita.


Keiko here~

Today is day nine of the 30 days lolita challenge, and the topic was somewhat difficult. I personally try to keep an open mind and never say never, so it was a bit hard to come up with some scenarios in which I would never wear lolita --barred things that I would just plain old never do. After much deliberation I was able to compile the following list:

Day 9 : 10 things you will never do in lolita.

  1. Do any sort of heavy exercise - I hate sweating, and even more so when it is clothes that take a lot of work to clean! One time a coworker asked to try on a lolita dress and when she showed up, she had just come back from the gym! The jsk she tried on smelled like sweat and I immediately ran to handwash it! It gave me such a scare I vowed to never do that again. 
    Screenshot from Mr. Rococo
  2. Go to a funeral - Unless this is specifically what the person being honored requested, I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable wearing lolita to somebody's funeral. It just wouldn't feel right. 
  3. Go to my country of origin - My home country is a dangerous place --so much so that it has one of the highest murder rates in the world. As a result, I would not dare do anything that could potentially mark me as a target, and wearing expensive, ornate dresses qualifies as such.
  4. Sleep - Now this one depends. If I'm tired enough, I will go to sleep wearing anything. But if I am wearing an OTT outfit with a wig that tangles, lots of makeup, and a dress that could have details flattened, then you can bet that I'll take it off!
  5. Go out on a rainy day - I am super scared to damage my dresses, so I try to stay clear of rainy conditions that would make the prints run. The rain must must catch me after I'm outside, which I totally dread happening, as I am not your Kamikaze Girl. 
    Momoko was bound to come up at some point in this blog
  6. Go to a concert - Concerts are usually crowded and long, which would mean wearing lolita would risk getting it dirty or making me tired out and unable to enjoy the music. Not that I'd love the idea to go to a concert so full of people anyway orz
  7. Go clubbing - I have actually never been to a club. I don't think I've even been at a bar, honestly. It's not my scene and it doesn't seem like the place to wear something I wouldn't want stained or dirtied, either.
  8. Smoke - Smoking is not something I would do, period. But even if someone is outside smoking, I will evade them for sure. Smoke is smell that is not only bothersome, but that gives me allergies and decreases re-sellability, so I steer clear of it completely.
  9. Go to a job interview -  Unless the job was eclectic and not in my field, I would probably abstain from wearing lolita to an interview. 
  10. Wear sandals - I don't like sandals in general and I feel like they are hard to coordinate them well with lolita. This, combined with the fact that I live in one of the coldest states in the U.S., has steered me clear of them within and without the fashion.
Is there anything you would never even think of doing in lolita? Or are you open to all possibilities? Let me know your thoughts below!

Keiko out~

No comments:

Post a Comment