Friday, January 29, 2016

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day Twenty Nine: A picture of a lolita you would love to meet for real

Hey there~

Keiko here with the second to last installment of the 30-day lolita challenge~

The prompt this time is to post a picture of a lolita I'd love to meet in real life, and it was a tough choice. While I admire many lolitas, I wouldn't know what to do if I met them because I feel like I would be very shy. I'd probably just be creepy and look anxious from afar, lol.
If I had to pick one lolita, it would probably be either Milkyfawn, Vysanthe and Technotropism, or Megan Russell, all for different reasons.

I'd like to meet with Milkyfawn just because she was one of the people who first inspired me to plunge into lolita, and because my style is influenced by hers when she was into the fashion.

I'd love to run into Vysanthe and ask her and Technotropism all about how they came into the lolita community and why they chose to do films. I am interested in their creative process and I feel like I would learn a lot about distilling the essence of the lolita community from them.

Lastly, it would be really cool to have a conversation with Megan Russell about lolita fashion from an anthropological perspective. I have written a couple of papers on lolita and the values of the community for college, so I would love to have a chance to interview her.

This is not to say that these are the only lolitas I want to see face-to-face. There are many interesting individuals I have met online through trading and selling that I would love to meet up with in real life and share a cup of tea. The lolita community is brimming with talent and personality, and I really wish that was more highlighted in its public image.
Is there a particular lolita you'd love to converse with? Have you traveled to visit a comm you wish you saw more of? Leave them a shoutout below~

Keiko out~

No comments:

Post a Comment